The correct installation and maintenance of the home set-top box cannot be less
Abstract: With the advent of the Internet era, set-top boxes have entered many families. With the existence of set-top boxes, it becomes easier for people to watch TV and surf the Internet. If you plan to install a set-top box at home, you must first ensure that you have mastered the correct installation steps. In addition, you must also know that the set-top box must be maintained regularly in the later use process. Only in this way can you ensure its normal long-term use. Corresponding problems have caused some inconveniences to our lives. Here, I will introduce the installation steps and usage skills of the set-top box, hoping to help everyone.
The set-top box is a fresh product in the age of network information. With its existence, people can watch all kinds of Internet TV programs without any worries. Although the set-top box is very convenient to use, if it is not installed correctly, it will not be able to guarantee normal use later. So how should the set-top box be installed? There are five steps in the installation of the set-top box, and each link is indispensable. At the same time, regular maintenance is required during the use process. Only by paying attention to these maintenance skills and doing maintenance work well can the long-term normal period be guaranteed. use.
1. Connect one end of the cable TV cable to the TV terminal box, and the other end to the RF input port of the set-top box. If the cable TV terminal box has two input ports of TV and FM, it needs to be connected to the TV outlet.
2. Then use a three-color audio line to connect the set-top box and the TV, plug it into the audio and video output port behind the set-top box according to the color correspondence, and plug the other end into the audio and video output port of the TV .
3. After the line connection is completed, the user needs to check whether the smart card of the set-top box is correctly placed in the set-top box. The direction of the smart card is that the colored side is facing up and the red arrow is facing inward.
4. Then turn on the power of the TV and the set-top box, and use the TV remote control to press the TV video conversion button to convert the TV channel to the correct video.
5. When the preparation work is completed, the content played in the set-top box will appear on the TV screen. If the program to be searched is prompted in the TV menu, search for the program according to the manual.
Maintenance details of the set-top box
1. Turn off the TV first, then turn off the top box
After watching the TV, the order of shutdown should be, first turn off the power of the TV, and then turn off the power of the set-top box. If the order is reversed, it is easy to break the software inside the set-top box.
2. No items are placed on the set-top box
The set-top box dissipates heat through the top. If any items are placed, the heat dissipation of the set-top box will be affected, resulting in overheating of the set-top box and affecting the life of the set-top box.
3. Avoid dust, humidity and high temperature
As an electrical appliance, the set-top box needs to be kept away from dusty places, humidity and high temperature, otherwise failures such as blockage and short circuit will occur.
4. Do not plug and unplug the line frequently
Some users think that unplugging all the plugs at the rear of the set-top box after use has a maintenance effect on the set-top box, but this is not the case. Frequent plugging and unplugging will cause the slot of the set-top box to become loose, which may easily cause problems such as poor contact.
5. Keep the voltage stable
Unstable voltage is easy to damage the internal parts of the set-top box, and the socket used for the set-top box should preferably ensure stable voltage.
6. Avoid strong vibration
The relocation and placement of the set-top box should be handled with care to avoid vibration and affect the internal hardware. It is best to place it in a place that is not easy to fall, otherwise strong vibration will damage the set-top box and affect the use.
Set-top box buying skills
1. Hardware configuration: The selection of the hardware configuration of the network set-top box is the same as the selection of mobile phones and Pads, that is, what is the main frequency, whether it is dual-core, how much memory, and how much storage. In principle, the bigger the configuration, the better, because there will be more and more applications in the future, and the requirements for configuration will be higher and higher. This process is the same as the development process of computers, mobile phones, and broadband, and it is necessary to leave room for development. Of course, the price/performance ratio should also be considered, and excessively advanced configuration is not necessary.
2. Operating system: Is the network set-top box easy to use? How to use the network set-top box? It is the first question that buyers consider. At present, the most versatile system is the use of Android, and some network set-top box manufacturers have developed their own operating systems. Comparing the two operating systems, they have their own advantages: the operating system developed by themselves has good stability. , it has better compatibility with network set-top box hardware; while the Android system has powerful functions, the subsequent upgrade is relatively simple, and supports more network applications, users can choose according to their own needs.
3. High-definition film source: providing high-definition programs is a very important selling point of the network set-top box. At present, network set-top boxes all have high-definition interfaces, which have met the requirements for watching high-definition programs in hardware. There are big differences in high-definition program sources, high-definition storage capacity, and high-definition platform technology, resulting in great differences in the high-definition programs that each network set-top box can watch. Although some weaker manufacturers claim that they support high-definition playback , but there are very few high-definition film sources that can actually be seen, which must be paid attention to when users purchase.
4. Expanded functions: Although the most important function in the purchase of TV network set-top boxes is the playback capability of high-definition content, but in addition, some expanded functions provided by the set-top box, such as: whether the set-top box supports hard disk playback, whether it supports Local area network function, whether it can browse pictures, browse websites, etc. are also factors to be considered when purchasing. A good network set-top box can not only watch high-definition video on the Internet, but also meet more network applications.
5. Firmware upgrade capability: At present, the hardware technology of HD network set-top box is very mature, but the software still has room for further improvement, especially the strong compatibility and scalability of network set-top box, which can be realized through firmware upgrade. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the firmware upgrade capability when choosing. It also depends on whether the product you purchased at the time does not support a certain function, and it can be solved by firmware upgrade. Some product faults can also be solved by firmware upgrade.
6. After-sales service: As a new product, network set-top boxes are developing rapidly under the pressure of market competition, and problems are unavoidable, so after-sales service is extremely important. How to make up for the congenital deficiencies of products through after-sales service, improve customer satisfaction, reputation and brand loyalty, and then establish product reputation and enhance brand value are issues that every player manufacturer should seriously consider.
Editor's summary: The details of how to install the set-top box and the maintenance of the set-top box are introduced here, and I hope it will be helpful to everyone. If you want to know more about acquaintances, you can follow HKMLC information.